About Artful Lil' Hands

About mamabliss:
Hi, I’m mamabliss otherwise known as Pauline. I’m blissfully married to Steven, my husband and am a happy mother-of-two. Please feel free to contact me at mamabliss73[at]hotmail[dot]com. I try to respond to emails and comments, but am not always good about keeping up on them. I do read and appreciate them all however!

My interest in Early Childhood related matters:
When I was a new mother and Timothy (my first born) was still an infant, I had taken a keen interest in Early Childhood Education, purely with the intent to nurture my son and to understand the growth and development of young children better; that spurred me to do a Diploma in Montessori Methods of Education.

Subsequently, I was introduced to homeschooling and have done a lot of research and chatted with many homeschoolers about the matter, which led me to seriously consider the option to homeschool my son during his preschool years.

The Artful Lil’ Hands play group:
After I left my full-time work in the advertising/marketing industry, my interest in Early Childhood Education and all that I’ve researched, learned and read about was finally being put to good use.

I wanted to raise Tim and his sister (Joyce) in a cosy and loving environment where opportunities to learn surrounds them daily. Where play is the centre of their lives. Where creativity & imagination is encouraged. Where it is ok to make mistakes. Where the love of learning is nurtured.

As I wish to have my children to socialize and play with kids of their age, I started The Artful Lil’ Hands with several other moms and their toddlers in June 2008. We have been meeting regularly as a group for a while now and I am grateful that the kids and the mommies have fostered a wonderful camaraderie through this weekly activity group that we often meet outside of our playgroup day.

Why Blog?
I started The Artful Lil’ Hands partly to chronicle and share the experiences and ideas in our playgroup. This will also be a place where mommies and children could participate and have fun in as I’ll be opening this playgroup to all who wants to join us. I welcome you to join us as we journey through this very important formative years of our children.

Here’s some information (FAQ) about The Artful Lil’ Hands and how you can be part of our community. You may get in touch with me via the following:
Email: artfullilhands@gmail.com
Blog: http://mamabliss.blogspot.com